Sunday, May 01, 2005

About Brian & Lorine

When I was a child my grandparents had a small old-fashioned farm with an odd assortment of animals. A few horses some mink, chickens, ducks, turkeys, pigeons, a ferret and of course a dog. It was here ware I spent my summers as a child that I was bitten by the bird bug. I would spend hours in the hen house trying to get the birds to take food from my hand. It was then during those summers on the farm that I
resolved to someday have a farm of my own.

Years later when I was finally able to get a place of my own in the country it did not take long before it began to take the shape of the farm my grandparents had lived on so many years before. It started small at first, just a few pigeons that I got from my uncle. Then a couple of chickens from the Co-Op. First thing I knew it was like my own privet zoo with chickens, ducks, turkeys, guinea hens, donkeys, sheep,rabbits, pigeons and of course a dog.

The farm that I have created is a source of great enjoyment for me and as well for the folks at the local Co-Op as I empty my wallet to pay for it all. A psychiatrist might say I am living in the past or trying to replicate my youth. All I know is when I am tired or the pressures of day to day life are stressing me out there is nothing I find more relaxing than sitting in the hen house feeding the chickens
from my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment