Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Chicken Farming

A life-long city man, tired of the rat race, decided he was going to give up the city life, move to the country and become a chicken farmer.

He found a nice used chicken farm and bought it. Turns out that his next door neighbor was also a chicken farmer. The neighbor came for a visit one day and said "Chicken farming isn't easy. Tell you want. To help you get started I will give you 100 chickens."

The new chicken farmer was thrilled. Two weeks later the new neighbor stopped by to see how things were going. The new farmer said "Not too good. All 100 chickens died." The neighbour was astounded. "Oh I've never had any trouble with my chickens, but I'll give you another 100"

Another two weeks passed. The neighbor stopped by again. The new farmer said "You won't believe it but those last 100 chickens died too!" Astounded the neighbor asked "What did you do to them? What went wrong?"

"Well" said the new farmer "I'm not sure but I think I might not be planting them far enough apart"

No comments:

Post a Comment